Mill 'De Hoop', with octagonal mill hull from 1788, was in 1983 pulled out to the second stage mill of Limburg.
The mill was moved in 1905 from Vlaardingen, where he had become superfluous as hulling mill. 'De Hoop' was rebuilt in Swartbroek as calling mill and has done service to the 50s of the 20th century as a corn mill. In subsequent years, part of the call excavated to make room for a storage shed. In 1987, De Hoop was restored, where he was raised and has been converted to stage mill.
Since then grinds the grain mill on a professional basis, also for consumption. The mill can be visited by appointment.